The NUFORM Machine Simulator is a completely new product replacing the material removal simulation previously integrated with InteractiveLevel-II. The Machine Simulator in its initial release provides the following capabilities:
- Utilizes STL definitions for both input raw stock, finished part and machine part.
- Model may be dynamically rotated, scaled, and translated.
Display modes analogous to the GL display:
- Standard Motion – rotation in part about “A”, tilting in spindle about “B”
- All motion in tool – part does not move
- All motion in part – tool does not move
- Uses standard NUFORM tool definition and tool holder data from InteractiveLevel-II.
- Collision detection.
- Runs as an independent process allowing simulation while running InteractiveLevel-II in parallel.
- Machine specific simulation separately available.
- Utilizes multiple cpu’s/cores if available.